Join Jen for this fantastic workshop where you can learn to create your own jigsaw style of quilt with your Orphan Blocks that never made it to the design wall. Jen first became known for sampler style quilts with her fabulous Green Tea & Sweet Beans and from its success, went on to create other fabulous quilts with this similar style.
These quilts are like the traditional sampler, but their construction method tricks the eye to create a traditional quilt with a modern twist!
Do you have a collection of blocks made that never made it into a quilt? Work with these Orphan Blocks and create a whole new design of your own!
Don’t have any Orphan Blocks? Feel free to select blocks from Jen’s Template Tempter range to add to your quilt or create your own from some of your other favourite designs - the more the merrier!
Working on grid paper, you will learn the secrets to creating your own masterpiece.
Got your eye on one of Jen’s jigsaw masterpieces? Well feel free to work on any of these projects during this workshop: Delilah, Golden Days, Green Tea, Long Time Gone or Baker’s Dozen are just some of the favourites amongst the collection.
In this workshop, Jen willcover:
· Selecting the right fabrics covering colour, pattern and volume
· Drafting a layout of your chosen design
· Designing and using filler blocks
· General hand piecing techniques and tricks including applique
· Making and cutting templates
· Using acrylic templates tips and tricks
· Design and hand quilt your finished design
· Finishing techniques including binding etc.
· Plus more tips and tricks than you could poke a pin at!