- DSLR (FX and DX format are both fine).
- Lenses from wide (16mm) to telephoto (70-200 mm).
- In addition, students need a long telephoto like the Nikon 200-500 mm or Sigma 150-600.
mm lens. VERY IMPORTANT.
- 1.4x Teleconvertor (completely optional).
- Sturdy tripod.
- Sturdy ballhead or gimbal head capable of holding a 500 mm lens.
- Smartphone or tablet loaded with the PhotoPills app. (PhotoPills app is $10)
- Paper and pencil for taking notes.
- Filters (CPL, 10-stop ND, 6-stop ND, 3-stop soft GND recommended but not required).
- Don’t forget extra batteries, memory cards, and lens wipes.
- Water bottle, snacks.
- Clothing to suit the weather and conditions.