Endless photographic opportunities throughout this five-day workshop which is located in the beautiful Rincon Mountains of Southern Arizona adjacent to the painted landscape of the Saguaro National Park.
A mid-week highlight will be a private visit to Mt. Lemmon Observatory (11:00PM-5:00AM). Students will have a once in a lifetime astrophotography experience. On-site operators will assist linking cameras to their 32” Schulman Telescope to capture images of astronomical wonders in the Universe–– planets, galaxies and nebulae. Bring warm clothes because there will also be outdoor shooting at this 9,500 foot summit. Transportation in mountain vans to and from the summit along with late evening/early morning refreshments and snacks will be provided.
The Ranch campus combines the spirit of the Old West with today’s modern amenities. Click away at the galloping hooves of 180 horses running through clouds of dust. Savor their Southwestern cuisine in the Great Room or at the outdoor Cowboy Barbeque. These unique moments will give you endless opportunities for inspiration.
Other magical photo locations included in this workshop:
- Night sky photography from the Ranch's historic Homestead atop the Rincon Mountains
- The rolling hills and desert landscape of Saguaro National Park
- A trip down memory lane to the Old Wild West at Tucson's Old Town where cowboy and cowgirl fantasies will come to life
- Sonora Desert Museum and theTucsonBotanical Garden offering endless wildlife and diverse flora photo opportunities
- Unique imagery at the Pima Air and Space Museum